A jabber client bot.
meet Mr. chatty meanbot
Chatty Meanbot is a jabber client that basically sits in your gtalk or whatever client you use for chat. It provides answers to several type of queries.
To run this client you'll need following things:
- Wordnik api key, get it from http://developer.wordnik.com
- Bitly Auth Token, get it from https://bitly.com/a/oauth_apps
- Gmail id with credentials
You need to export some environment variables, in order to access external apis used.
export WORDNIK_API_KEY=YOUR_WORDNIK_API_KEY export BITLY_AUTH_TOKEN=YOU_BITLY_AUTH_TOKEN export BOT_USERNAME=YOU@GMAIL.COM export BOT_PASSWORD=**********
Now simply run:
- define - get definition of a dictonary word.
- use - usage of a given word.
- shorten - short bit.ly url.
- last_tweet_for - last tweet of given user.
- let_me_google - let me google it for you animation link for given word.
- commit_message - random commmit message from whatthecommit.com