Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 28 million developers.Sign up
Overview of the community activity:
- Moved from Sourceforge to Github.
- ~1200 commits since 0.5.2.
- GPAC contains MP4Box, the MP4Client/Osmo4 player, and many other tools (MP42TS, etc.).
- Launched new projects such as MP4Box.js or Zenbuild.
- Built more free datasets based on GPAC (DASH, HEVC).
- Improved very high resolutions, high framerate, and high colorspace (10 bits) playback support.
- HEVC top-notch support.
- Improved video playback through OpenGL and OpenGL ES.
- Video 360 navigation support on all platforms.
- Many adaptive streaming improvement (HLS and DASH), see specific section below.
- MP42TS (MPEG2-TS multiplexer) is production grade for adaptive streaming and reference vector streams.
- TEMI extension for fine synchronization and hybrid delivery (mandated by HbbTV 2.0).
- Better language tagging support.
- UTF16 name handling.
- Better multi-channel audio support.
- Improved support for encryption (CENC/PIFF - both AES CTR and CBC are supported).
- Improved generic support for subtitles (METX/METT, STPP TTML, WebVTT, SBTT, STXT, etc.).
- Parallel execution of GPAC tools.
- Better network support for TTL and multi-interface.
- SHVC (scalable) experimental (based on SHM4.1 and old ISOBMFF spec)
- Improved security on the code.
- Memory tracker can display the stack.
- More examples of the API (player, demuxers, benchmarks, ...).
- Compatible with the latest dependencies (FFmpeg 3, etc.).
- Improved compatibility for toolchains (MSYS, MSYS2, Cygwin ; MSVC 2015 ; updated XCode ; updated Android and iOS build environments).
- Improved partial build.
- Static builds (including for the MP4Client player).
- Added timescale change (
:timescale=) and overwrite (
:rescale=) in MP4Box importers.
- MP4Box to stdout with
- Better id3v2 support.
- Better metadata handling.
- Options to change or swap trackIDs.
- Can display interactive animated graphics for statistics (buffer levels, resolutions for adaptive streaming, additional services, IOs, etc.)
- Mobile: several improvements. OpenGL ES2 support and better shaders.
- SVG animation and MediaSourceExtension support in SVG tag.
- Hybrid playback (broadcast/broadband, scalable codecs, fine synchronization, GUI in MP4Client).
- Dektec output cards.
- Better HLS support (including startup improvement for huge VoD manifests).
- Industry profiles support: DASH-IF 2.0, HbbTV 1.5. Others on the roadmap.
- DASH segmenting: now cuts segments at average duration like other packagers. Less correct but improved player compatibility. Old behaviour with
- DASH segmenting: insertion of custom DASH descriptors at various level of the MPD hierarchy, including SRD descriptors
- MP4Box can do stateful live packaging using
- Better SAP handling (from Type 1 to 6) aligned with MPEG latest documents.
- HDS preliminary support.
- SRD playback support for independent videos and HEVC independent tiles (file format still experimental), with various rate allocation strategies per tiles.