Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Overview of the community activity:
- ~1550 commits since 0.6.0.
- Launched a few side projects - cf https://github.com/gpac/.
- New test public infrastructure.
- Many security fixes (static compile and fuzzing through AFL, always ongoing)
- Colorized log.
- Fix pkg-config Private.libs.
- Changed default audio volume to 100% instead of 75%.
- Expose more experimental options through the documentation.
- Improved GLES renderer on mobile platforms
- YUV422 and YUV444 8 and 10 bit support in GLES renderer
- Improvements on AVI dump.
- SAT>IP modified RTSP client.
Codecs and File Formats
- Added L-HEVC File Format support (SHVC/MV-HEVC tracks and HEVC Tile Tracks).
- Added MPEG IFF (image File Format) support.
- Range extension support for AVC and HEVC.
- SHVC and MV-HEVC importers and playback: moved to final spec version (SHM6+).
- Support of HLS with fragmented MP4 playback.
- APIs: gf_mpd_() functions and new segmenter API.
- Improved alternate groups.
- More support for PIFF PSEC and Smooth Streaming ( file format & playback).
- DASH client: pluggable algorithms + improvements with scalable contents.
- The counter source from the DASH sequences added to the public content.
- HLS and DASH playback minor fixes.
- Cleanup of DASH client logs.
VR and 360:
- Added support for DASH SRD in 360 for independent videos videos (NxM partial spheres) more
- Added support for DASH SRD in 360 for HEV Ctiled videos (NxM tiles on one sphere) - checkout tuto
- Apple VideoToolBox hardware decoding support for OSX and iOS for AVC|H264.
- Android hardware decoding hardware acceleration for AVC|H264 (HEVC on its way).
- Android build is based on Android Studio.
- Android: new File Manager.
- Import of TTML via NHML according to MPEG-4 part 30 improved.
Clone this wiki locally
Press h to open a hovercard with more details.