Please note: This theme is no longer under active development
Magento Responsive Theme
The GPMD responsive Magento theme is a simple fluid base theme which can be easily used as a starting point for your projects.
The styling has been kept purposely simple so it's easy to override. It's based on the base/default theme (with the demo store content), and has only a few template overrides to make the markup suitable for a responsive site.
Get it now!
Clone the repo,
git clone email@example.com:gpmd/magento-responsive-theme.git, or download the latest release.
Alternatively you can download the theme as a Magento package, although this may not be the most up-to-date version.
We don't yet have a live demo available, but in the meantime you can view some screen grabs here.
- Download the theme as a Magento package and install through the Magento Connect Manager
- Download the repository and merge the files/folders into your own site manually:
- In System > Configuration (General / Design tab), set Package to
- Then set Themes - Templates, Skin (Images/CSS), Layout and Default to
Keep up to date by following GPMD on Twitter, @gpmd.
Please create issues on GitHub: https://github.com/gpmd/magento-responsive-theme/issues
- Created initial git repo.
- Add instructions on overriding the theme
- Modularise the less/css more effectively (smacss approach)
- Better less/css commenting
- Move less variables out of style-mixins.less into their own file
- Reduce css specificity
- Replace Gridless with a more simple reset
- More thorough cross browser/platform testing
- Remove unnecessary files/folders (mainly images)
- Remove unnecessary css/js
- Change namespace
Copyright 2012 GPMD
This file is part of the GPMD Magento Responsive Theme.
The GPMD Magento Responsive Theme is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
The GPMD Magento Responsive Theme is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with the GPMD Magento Responsive Theme. If not, see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/.