This bug-fix release contains all changes from 5.6.1 and 5.6.2 as well as:
- Let Kotlin DSL gracefully handle lambdas registered as extensions (5.6.3) #11014
- Gradle Module Metadata compatibility for unique snapshots #11050
- maven-publish publishes jars with wrong extension for known jar packagings like 'ejb' in 5.6 #10555
- Regression in 5.5 when using dependency constraints for non-jar dependencies without a POM #10948
- resolution failure when dependency locks and kotlin-dsl plugin are present #10697
- Non-Kotlin extensions crash the build when using Kotlin DSL + Kotlin plugins #10729
- Sporadic build failures with build-scan due to an overlapping ID assignment #10286
- Prevent StackOverflowException caused by excessive 'or' via PatternMatcher #10330
We recommend that you use Gradle 5.6.3 over any other 5.6.x release.
Switch your build to use Gradle 5.6.3 by updating your wrapper properties:
./gradlew wrapper --gradle-version=5.6.3
Standalone downloads are available at https://gradle.org/install.