growPi - V2
Raspberry pi, with GrovePi+ to read plant data. Data is saved to
temp.csv. Takes a picture on every interval.
Sensors: moisture, light, temperature and humidity.
- Raspberry Pi 3B+
- 32GB SD Card (8GB is enough when not using camera)
- Heat sink for Raspberry Pi
- Raspberry Pi Camera (Board V2 - 8MP)
- Download and burn Raspbian to SD card.
- Do initial Raspbian setup, make sure to setup an internet connection.
- Update Raspbian:
$ sudo apt-get update $ sudo apt-get upgrade $ sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
- Attach GrovePi+ To Raspberry Pi and run:
$ sudo curl -kL dexterindustries.com/update_grovepi | bash $ sudo reboot
- After reboot run:
$ sudo i2cdetect -y 1
- If the install was successful, you should see "04" in the output.
- See GrovePi Setup if unsuccessful.
- Connect sensors to the GrovePi ports:
|Temperature & Humidity Sensor||D4|
Feel free to use different ports, just be sure to change them in
secrets.py, and fill out your ftp url, username and password:
FTP_URL = 'ftp.example.com' USERNAME = 'your_username' PASSWORD = '123456'
- Copy the contents of the website directory, to the root of your website.
- Launch growPi:
$ python growpi.py
- If you don't want to use the website, just remove all
UploadImage()function calls from the main loop.
- If you want to get the timelapse video, download
secrets.py, and run
timelapse.pyon your local machine. Or upload them to a server and add
timelapse.pyto a cronjob, so the video will get updated automatically.