Microsimulation Model Components
This is a moderately large collection of code used to build microsimulation models, mostly in the Ada language.
- Several specialist tabulators
- An implementation of a Piecewise Linear Budget Constraint generator (see: http://www.ifs.org.uk/publications/2063)
- Interfaces to various large scale sample survey datasets;
- Utilities for building web interfaces in Ada;
- Affordability Indexes;
- Inequality Measures;
- Data Re-Weighting routines
- Tax Calculators; and
- Optimisation Routines.
There is also an experimental complete South African tax benefit model, and some, but not all, of the code required for a UK Tax Benefit model.
We've taken the liberty of bundling four useful libraries with this code. We're very grateful to the original authors:
- Strings Edit by by Dmitry A.Kazakov (http://www.dmitry-kazakov.de); see http://www.dmitry-kazakov.de/ada/strings_edit.htm
- Zip-Ada by by Gautier de Montmollin (http://sourceforge.net/users/gdemont/); see http://unzip-ada.sourceforge.net/
- Numeric IO by by John P Woodruff (mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org); see http://www.dmitry-kazakov.de/reusable_code.htm
- XIA (XPath In Ada) by by Marc A. Criley (mailto:email@example.com); see http://www.mckae.com/xia.html
Contact: Graham Stark (firstname.lastname@example.org)