- You may now render errors more easily with
- Respite will now automatically serialize DateQuerySet and ValuesListQuerySet.
- Respite now serializes JSONP.
- Fixed a bug that caused an AttributeError upon attempting to serialize a top-level list as XML.
- Respite now parses JSON payloads in the body of POST, PUT and PATCH requests.
- Fixed a bug that caused Resource#update to raise a FieldError if request.PATCH contained attributes that didn't match its model.
- Fixed a bug that caused a TypeError upon serializing 'None' as XML.
- Respite now supports serialization of any object that defines a 'serialize' method.
- Fixed a bug that caused a TypeError upon attempting to serialize long types.
- Routes are no longer prefixed with the application name.
- The 'prefix' argument to 'resource' now defaults to an empty string.
- Resource#create now returns 201 Created instead of 303 See Other upon creating a new model.
- Respite now defaults to the first of the view's supported formats instead of RESPITE_DEFAULT_FORMAT for the wildcard content type (/).
- View#_render has a new argument; 'prefix_template_path'.
- Respite's default views now render 404s in the request format.
- Respite now discards the '_method' parameter on HTTP POST.
- Resource now has a 'routes' property that contains a list of routes for each of the default views.
- Respite now automatically serializes request context as XML if no XML template for the view exists.
- Respite now automatically serializes many-to-many fields
- Fixed a bug that caused Resource#update to fail form validation for models with many-to-many fields or foreign keys
- Fixed a bug that caused the model in the template context of Resource#index to be in mixedCase rather than underscore_case.
- Fixed a bug that caused JSON to be serialized as a byte stream with unicode code points.
- Respite now explicitly specifies the charset in the HTTP 'Content-Type' header.
- Respite's default views are now defined in the 'Resource' class.
- Routing has been changed to leverage decorators (see README for details).
- Fixed a bug that caused HTTP Accept headers with whitespace to be parsed incorrectly.
- The '/' content type now defaults to the format given in RESPITE_DEFAULT_FORMAT.
- Fixed a bug that caused lambas to be expanded into the default route object, producing issues with consequent resource declarations.
- Added route for Views#replace to 'routes.all'.
- Respite now supports HTTP PATCH, and routes it to Views#update.
- HTTP PUT is now routed to Views#replace instead of Views#update.
- Routing has been redesigned (see README for details).
- Fixed a bug that caused a KeyError upon receiving requests whose methods were not GET, POST, PUT or DELETE
- You may now pass a dictionary of HTTP headers to Views#_render.
- Views#_render no longer requires a template.
- Views#_render's 'template' argument now defaults to 'None'.
- Views#_render's 'status' argument now defaults to '200'.
- Respite now responds to HTTP OPTIONS.
- Respite now responds to HTTP HEAD.
- Fixed a bug that caused views for models in CamelCase to be routed incorrectly.
- Fix a bug that caused views to default to the format given in DEFAULT_FORMAT regardless of whether or not it was supported.
- Fix a bug that allowed for arbitrary URL suffixes
- You may now override the regular expression used to match resource IDs in the 'id_regex' argument to the 'resource' function.
- Fix a bug that caused a TypeError upon attempting to serialize a float.
- You may now decorate methods with the 'override_supported_formats' decorator to override the view class' supported formats.
- Fixed a bug that caused a TypeError upon returning non-simple datatypes from a model's 'serialize' method.
- Fixed a bug that caused custom actions to be prefixed by an additional slash.
- Add serializer for filefields
- Fix bug when trying to serialize a NoneType
- You may now pass a custom form class in Views#form to override automatic form generation in Views#new, Views#create, Views#edit and Views#update.
- 'HTTPMethodOverrideMiddleware' has been renamed to 'HttpMethodOverrideMiddleware'.
- 'HTTPPUTMiddleware' has been renamed to 'HttpPutMiddleware'.
- Respite now automatically serializes request context as JSON if no JSON template for the view exists.
- Fixed a bug that caused views with no prefix to be routed incorrectly
- Fixed a bug that caused the regular expressions to allow arbitrary input between the prefix and action (e.g. news/articles/FOO/index.html).
- Fixed a bug that caused an empty prefix to produce URLs with double slashes.
- The 'View' class has been renamed to 'Views'.
- The trailing slash of the 'resource' function's 'prefix' argument is no longer implicit.
- The trailing slash of the 'View' class' 'template_path' property is no longer implicit.
- URL pattern names are now prefixed with the model's application name (e.g. 'edit_news_article').
- Custom actions may now be routed by HTTP method.