GraphHopper Navigation Sample
This Android example application showcases navigation based on instructions returned from the GraphHopper Navigation component.
- Turn-by-turn navigation including spoken turn instruction
- Route planning (from A to B via intermediate points)
- Load route optimization solutions from the GraphHopper Route Optimization API
- Load routes planned on GraphHopper Maps
- Search for places using the GraphHopper Geocoding API
- 100% open source
Building your own turn-by-turn navigation app based on GraphHopper is easy. Just sign up for the GraphHopper Directions API.
GraphHopper does not provide map tiles. The navigation sdk is compatible with MVT vector tiles and raster tiles. There are several map providers, including:
Note: while it's possible to use raster tiles, we recommend vector tiles for mobile applications.
Enter your GraphHopper API key and map style url in the developer config:
You can fork this project and adapt it to your needs, or use it as orientation when developing your own application.
This project stands under the Apache License.
Updating the developer-config file
Ignore: git update-index --assume-unchanged app/src/main/res/values/developer-config.xml Unignore: git update-index --no-assume-unchanged app/src/main/res/values/developer-config.xml