Adds additional endpoints to the WP REST API to expose the number of plugin and theme upgrades available
NOTE This plugin is in an alpha stage and is really just for testing what's possible with the API. I don't recommend using this on a production environment as people will be able to see when you're running older versions of plugins and potentially exploit this! You have been warned..
- Upload the plugin directory to to the '/wp-content/plugins/' directory
- Activate the plugin through the 'Plugins' menu in WordPress
- View the number of available updates from the frontend at: /wp-json/updates/v1/core, /wp-json/updates/v1/plugins or /wp-json/updates/v1/themes
- Changed directory and plugin name
- Added an index.php to avoid directory listing
- Stopped the plugin file being loaded directly
- Added a route for /wp-json/updates/v1/core
- Corrected spelling in comment - 'themes' not 'themess'
- All routes now produce full json output rather than just the number of updates available
- Initial version.
- Only allow secure connections to avoid prying eyes
Contributions are always welcome. I'm not a backend developer so feel free to submit a pull request if you think anything could be done more efficiently, or help add in something on the roadmap!