This is my attempt to build a simple, mobile microcomputer system with an 8-bit MOS 6502 CPU that was used in many popular home computers of the 1970s and 1980s like the Commodore 64 or the Apple II.
The idea was to design a computer like the C64, almost only using parts that were available when this computer was manufactured.
The hardware is designed with Eagle.
The software is written in 6502 assembler and C, with the help of the CC65 compiler/assembler.
The case is designed with Autodesk 123D Design.
Documentation of this project can be found on my website: http://www.grappendorf.net/projects/6502-home-computer
This repositiory contains the following files:
- eagle - Eagle schematic and board files
- schematics - PDF schematics
- case - 123D/STL design files for the case
- firmware - Minimal BASIC interpreter written with CC65, different versions of the firmware during the development process
- terminal - Small ruby script for loading/saving of BASIC programs, example BASIC programs