Senior Golang/Linux systems engineer, Teleport
Gravitational, an early stage systems & cloud startup in Oakland, CA, is looking for ambitious and talented people. We are well-funded by fantastic Silicon Valley investors. We are an experienced team: we founded Mailgun which was acquired by Rackspace, we created Vulcand and some other cool stuff at Rackspace and are authors of Teleport and Gravity
We are hackers. We love Linux and low level systems programming and we love helping open source communities and other engineers to get things done.
We are also dedicated to our friends, families, and hobbies outside of work. Our past experiences building companies taught us about the importance of life and work balance. It matters even more when you are building a huge and lasting company, like Gravitational.
If this resonates, we want to talk to you.
You understand how computers work and what role an operating system plays.
You know why the Linux kernel is written in C and not any other language. You
have a favorite file system, you know what a syscall is and you are comfortable
You like using Go every day, you are not afraid of Makefiles and you enjoy when thousands of servers bend to your will. You have a solid understanding of the key aspects of systems engineering like caching, distributed systems. You are familiar with the fundamentals of cryptography engineering have experience building secure systems.
You should also be comfortable joining an early stage company with a dynamic future. We offer a great salary, but expect you to value the equity as well. In return we offer full transparency regarding the company performance. You will be joining the founding team, we want you to enjoy the ride!
About the job
Here is why we love this job and hope you will enjoy it too:
- Teleport is written in Go and C.
- The range of problem solving includes networking, performance, security and integrations with existing systems.
- Build and test cycles in teleport are measured in seconds, integration tests are running in minutes.
- Most of the code you will write will be open source.
- People love using teleport, and if you like public speaking, you will find an audience who'll be happy to listen.
- Teleport undergoes regular security audits, and you will be part of the team interacting with security experts.
- We have a direct connection with the key customers and enjoy helping them on the spot.
- We practice thorough code reviews and have an open design process.
If you join the Teleport team, here are some of the projects you will be working on:
- Adding additional SSO providers support to Teleport enterprise code base and improving existing integrations.
- Improving Kubernetes proxy support in Teleport and adding support for new protocols.
- Improving Teleport's scalability on 10k+ nodes.
- Simplifying cluster configuration and creating deployment examples.
- Troubleshooting networking and performance issues affecting Teleport reliability at scale.
You should be comfortable changing the area of focus and working directly with customers.
You can work anywhere from the U.S. or you can pick one of one of our fantastic offices:
- Toronto, Canada
- Oakland, California