Open Riverboat Map
Open Riverboat Map plans to make an open source CartoCSS map style of navigable waterways, on top of OpenStreetMap project.
Open Riverboat Map is derived from OSM-bright MapBox project.
- at low zoom level, all the navigable waterways network should appear clearly ; all other informations are diminished, unless some main geographical informations that helps understand the situation (mainly big cities)
- at intermediate zoom level, the navigable waterways remain the central informations, but also some other usefull informations must be visible: main harbours, locks (quietly)... Non "riverboat" informations begin to become visible, but allways in second place
- at high zoom level, we try to display as useful informations as possible for the "inland navigator": mooring places, height of bridges, number of arches for a bridge, oneways...
- symlink the openriverboatmap directory into your TileMill projects directory (by default in ~/Documents/MapBow/project/).
- import some OSM data using the mapping.py file with imposm (or ping me to get a psql dump)
- start hacking the style, commit in a branch, and make a pull request! :)