Open Learning - an introduction to Open Source collaboration
Don't Panic - This is going to be fun
Your mission: (I made you movies)
1: Sign up for a new GitHub account here:
📖Github account creation help docs 📹I made you an instructional video! (1:15)
- Your issue doesn't need to say anything specific it will just let me add your username to the Greenpeace GitHubOrganisation as well as the open-learning team
📹"Another instructional video?" You're welcome (1:10)
2.5 Check for an invitation to join the team
- It may take a a day until activated
3: Add a file to the repo. Name it
gyaresu.md) and practice putting some text in.
📹A THIRD VIDEO! Whaaaaaaat? (5:00)
###4: Edit any other file! Find a typo or similar mistake and fix it
- No video this time but maybe someone else will make one and link it here? Hmmm...)
###5: Get a local copy of our greenpeace/open-learning repo and work offline
📹VIDEOS. FOR. EVERYONE! (8:50)
- Windows: https://windows.github.com/
- Mac: https://mac.github.com/
- Linux (commandline): https://git-scm.com/download/linux
- Mac (commandline): https://hub.github.com/
####HELP I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I'M DOING!
First make sure to have a look at the documentation.