This is (will be) a tool to turn cabal libraries into Macintosh packages. Cabal2macpkg is in its very early stages, and doesn't work yet, sorry.
Rough outline of the process:
- find a .cabal file in the current working directory
- run "cabal build; cabal haddock" into a staging area
- run "cabal register --gen-script" to generate a registration script that will be run by the OS X installer
- turn the staging area into a mac package file using the OS X developer tools
I've gotten up to number three here.
A consequence of this quick n' dirty approach is that in order to build the installer for a cabal package, you need to have already installed all of its dependencies on the build machine.
- get it generating a .pkg file for an individual cabal library
- .pkg contents should be installable into any given prefix
- Get it building a .mpkg metapackage from the haskell platform toplevel project