The Perfect Apache Configuration
I've spent quite a bit of time compiling what I find to be optimial to me and my server. Feel free to fork this and make it your own.
Copy and paste the contents of http.conf into /apache2/httpd.conf
You can also copy and paste into .htaccess (however this is slower!)
- HTML5BoilerPlate: https://github.com/h5bp/html5-boilerplate/
- W3 Edge: http://www.w3-edge.com/
- Yahoo! Best Practices: http://developer.yahoo.com/performance/rules.html
- Caching Tutorial: http://www.mnot.net/cache_docs/
- Personal experience running Amazon AWS instances
v1.3 - 2016.12.28
- Syntax changes for Apache 2.4.4
v1.2 - 2013.07.01
- Added DefaultCharset
- Added Header append Vary: Accept-Encoding
v1.1 - 2012.06.13
- Moved CSS and JS from 1 day to 1 week
v1.0 - 2012.06.05
- Initial release
- If you break Apache, then you may not have all the modules turn on.
- This configuration works best for my needs. Your needs may differ.