Genesis Sample Theme with Gulp & Sass
Download This Theme (.zip)
- Add the Genesis Sample theme folder in the wp-content/themes/ directory. (The Genesis parent theme needs to be in the wp-content/themes/ directory as well.)
- Go to your WordPress dashboard and select Appearance.
- Activate the Genesis Sample theme.
- Inside your WordPress dashboard, go to Genesis > Theme Settings and configure them to your liking.
After you've installed and activated me. It's time to setup Gulp.
- From the command line, change directories to your new theme directory
- Install Node dependencies
From the command line, type any of the following to perform an action:
gulp watch - Automatically handle changes to CSS, JS, SVGs, and image sprites. Also kicks off BrowserSync.
gulp icons - Minify, concatenate, and clean SVG icons.
gulp i18n - Scan the theme and create a POT file
gulp sass:lint - Run Sass against WordPress code standards
gulp sprites - Generate an image sprite and the associated Sass (sprite.png)
gulp styles - Compile, prefix, combine media queries, and minify CSS files
gulp - Runs the following tasks at the same time: i18n, icons, scripts, styles, sprites
What about Grunt?
- For Genesis support, please visit http://my.studiopress.com/help/
- For support with this theme, visit https://github.com/gregrickaby/genesis-sample/issues