#replaceWordsInPage This is a coding assignment I supplied for an employer. It demonstrates:
- Screen-scraping of Wikipedia pages
- Replacing text in an HTML page
- Definition of rules for counting words
- The Module pattern
- CSS selectors
- jQuery coding
The solution can also be found at this jsFiddle.
- Page to process and run your code on: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Programming_language
- A word may notbe from the top 100 common words in english and you may not hardcode these into the source code https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Most_common_words_in_English
- Also please remove common words “are”, “is”, “where”, “was” and any single characters
- Your code should be runnable on recent Chrome or Firefox browser.