Prusa i3 Bear Half Upgrade
This is the HALF version of the Prusa i3 Bear upgrade. An affordable upgrade to get a much stronger frame for your MK2, MK2s or MK2.5. If you would like to have an even stronger frame check out the full upgrade version or spot the differences on the home page.
- Stronger and quieter
- Easier to maintain and customise
- Use as much as possible original parts (no need to print a new RAMBo cover nor change any cable, rods or firmware)
- Compatible with MK2, MK2s and MK2.5
- Highly detailed manual
- Use more aluminum and less printed parts (3D printed parts can crack and are less reliable)
- Use Openbuilds hardware :
- Single platform of multitude compatible hardware parts
- V-Slot offer more possibilities to printed parts and customisation than T-Slot
- Open source with powerful community
- Easy to square and build
- Worldwide shipping plus several other shops selling these parts
- Other type of aluminum extrusions can be supported thanks to parametric design (check Fusion 360 files)
- 3D printed parts designed using advanced techniques like selective infill, clean vertical holes, sharp angle...
- Open source by providing STL, STEP and Autodesk Fusion 360 files
What's new in v2.0 ?
- Use smaller screws on Y motor mount to easily remove all motor screws when tightened to the frame
- Improved manual
- Stronger rod holders (and use less plastics)
- PSU lower mount uses pockets for nuts to ease assembly
- Feet are thinner
- Nicer LCD supports
- Minor improvements for better printing quality and durability
The manual contains bill of material (bom), preparing frame and v-slots, print settings and assembly instructions.
Modify the original aluminum frame
With this upgrade you will need to drill the original frame of your Prusa i3 MK2, MK2s or MK2.5.
As you will see in the bill of material, the recommended drill bit is a 5.3mm.
If you break the frame, you can send an email to Prusa support to get a new one. You will find few in the Chinese market as well.
If you have access to a CNC machine, you can use this DXF here.
Purchase Openbuilds V-Slots
Here is a list of Openbuilds stores. Note that few stores are selling a pre-cut V-Slots.