Mountable blog engine for Ruby on Rails 4.
Who uses Blogo?
Add the gem to Gemfile of you Rails application:
Install the gem:
Install initializer file:
rails generate blogo:install
Take a look into
config/initializers/blogo.rb and configure what you need.
Install blogo migrations and run them:
rake blogo:install:migrations rake db:migrate
Create a user:
Mount the blog routes to you rails application in
Blogo::Routes.mount_to(self, at: '/blog')
Run the rails application and go to
http://localhost:3000/blog/admin to create you first post!
http://localhost::3000/blog to take a look at your posts.
If you use
zsh and experience a problem to create a user through the rake task, try to escape
Please see wiki.
- Mountable rails engine
- Image upload
- "Read more" feature
- Comments with Disqus
- Atom feed
- Designed to support multiple formats(html, markdown, whatever)
- WYSIWYG editor(for html format)
- Google Analytics
- Social icons (Github, Twitter, can be more if you need it)
- SEO optimized: generates meta description, keywords, meta tags for facebook(OpenGraph) and twitter
- Can be customized for your own needs.
- Very few external dependencies
- Localization support (en, es, pt-BR, zh-CN)
The next formats are supported out of the box, but don't forget to add necessary dependencies to your Gemfile manually.
This project rocks and uses MIT-LICENSE.