Minion is a simple website monitoring system written in Node.js. The project is in its early stages. It currently provides HTTP monitoring, a basic web frontend, and support for email notifications. Minion is released under the New BSD License.
- Node.js 0.6.x
- Node.js Modules
Notification log and monitoring log in the web frontend.
- npm (partially done).
- Support for Twilio API for SMS and
- More options for HTTP check, including ability to specify an alternate path and POST fields.
Ability to adjust notifications and check intervals on a per-site basis.
- Additional checks, including SSL certificate verification, custom HTTP checks, and TCP connectivity checks.
- Support for multiple monitoring locations (partially done).
- Specify mail transport credentials in your config.js file.
- Navigate to the web frontend to add sites. The web frontend listens on port 9855 by default.
- Run minion either directly with
node minion.jsor, preferably, with
forever start minion.js.
Checks will be performed every minute.