stcgal - STC MCU ISP flash tool
stcgal is a command line flash programming tool for STC MCU Ltd. 8051 compatible microcontrollers.
STC microcontrollers have an UART/USB based boot strap loader (BSL). It utilizes a packet-based protocol to flash the code memory and IAP memory over a serial link. This is referred to as in-system programming (ISP). The BSL is also used to configure various (fuse-like) device options. Unfortunately, this protocol is not publicly documented and STC only provide a (crude) Windows GUI application for programming.
stcgal is a full-featured Open Source replacement for STC's Windows software; it supports a wide range of MCUs, it is very portable and suitable for automation.
- Support for STC 89/90/10/11/12/15/8 series
- UART and USB BSL support
- Display part info
- Determine operating frequency
- Program flash memory
- Program IAP/EEPROM
- Set device options
- Read unique device ID (STC 10/11/12/15/8)
- Trim RC oscillator frequency (STC 15/8)
- Automatic power-cycling with DTR toggle or a custom shell command
- Automatic UART protocol detection
stcgal is published under the MIT license.