Windmill theme for MkDocs
Outstanding mkdocs theme with a focus on navigation and usability, from Grist Labs.
- Convenient navigation for larger documentation projects.
- Retains state of the navigation menu across page transitions.
- Search with term highlighting.
- User may search in a quick dropdown or load results in a full page.
- Default mkdocs theme within pages, including syntax highlighting.
To install using
pip install mkdocs-windmill
To use in
Note that it's important for there to exist a homepage, e.g. a top-level root element in mkdocs 1.0+:
nav: - Home: index.md
Demo and documentation
More details are on this site generated with the Windmill theme:
- Usage for more on installation and usage.
- Customization for extra configuration options that Windmill supports.
If doing development on
mkdocs-windmill, check it out with
git clone https://github.com/gristlabs/mkdocs-windmill/ cd mkdocs-windmill
There are Selenium browser tests, based on NodeJS. To set them up, first install Yarn, then from
mkdocs-windmill checkout, run
cd tests yarn install
You can run tests when you make changes as follows:
cd tests MKDOCS_BINARY=<path-to-mkdocs-command> SELENIUM_BROWSER=chrome yarn test