snf-vncauthproxy is a small gevent-based VNC proxy with man-in-the-middle authentication.
snf-vncauthproxy listens on a control channel (TCP socket) for control messages and sets up one-time port forwardings upon request. As soon as a client connects, vncauthproxy fakes an RFB 3.8 server to request authentication from the client. If the client authenticates successfully, a server connection is initiated by the proxy and both connections are bridged to allow transparent client-server communication.
- Lightweight, coroutine-based main loop with gevent
- JSON-formatted requests and replies over the control channel
- Port pooling for automatic selection of source port
- Supports RFB protocol versions 3.3, 3.8
- IPv4 and IPv6 support
- Configurable timeout for client connections
- Control channel over TCP, allowing isolated operation of VNC proxy clusters
Copyright and license
Copyright (C) 2010-2014 GRNET S.A.
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301, USA.