The next generation SoundCloud client. Without all these stupid CSS files. Runs on OSX and Linux.
This hack was built at the Music Hack Day Stockholm 2013.
- Ruby (1.9)
- Portaudio (19)
- Mpg123 (1.14)
Assuming you have Ruby/Rubygems installed, you need portaudio and mpg123 as library to compile the native extensions.
xcode-select --install brew install portaudio brew install mpg123 gem install soundcloud2000
Debian / Ubuntu
apt-get install portaudio19-dev libmpg123-dev libncurses-dev ruby1.9.1-dev gem install soundcloud2000
In order to use soundcloud2000, you need to acquire a client credential for your application. soundcloud2000 expects a valid client id to be set in the SC_CLIENT_ID environment variable.
You can either set this up in your
.bashrc or equivalent or you can specify it on the command line:
- stream SoundCloud tracks in your terminal (
- scroll through sound lists (
- play / pause support (
- forward / rewind support (
- play tracks of different users (
- play favorites from a user (
- play sets/playlists from a user (
- level meter
- play any streams, sets or sounds
- better browsing between users and sound lists