A Browser Extension to help detect potentially unsafe data leaving the browser. Including ...
- A webRequest listener version of CLIQZ code for detecting potentially unsafe data leaving the browser.
- A content script version of OpenWPM and Privacy Badger code for detecting which APIs are being used ... for fingerprinting.
- A browserAction for displaying all of the above.
This extension simply detects and logs network and API data - it does not store anything in a database. If you need all that good stuff, you should really look into OpenWPM - it's good people.
You should really use the web-ext tool - it's great. After you've installed it globally ...
cd data-leak npm install npm run build web-ext run -s src
In the Firefox browser that opens:
- Open the Web Console tool
- Navigate to any page
- Observe the "Successfully started all instrumentation." line
You should also see lots of output in the format:
type: logCall ; msg: <Object> ; msg.value: