Java SDK for Translating Cloud Documents
GroupDocs.Translation Cloud is Cloud API to translate Word, Excel, PowerPoint, PDF, HTML, Markdown, OpenDocument, RESX files as well as plain text.
For convenience of our Java customers, we introduce a simple SDK that assists to add translation of Microsoft Word documents, Microsoft Excel workbooks, Microsoft PowerPoint presentations, PDF documents, Markdown, OpenDocument files, and plain text to your app with merely a few lines of code.
In detail, it's a set of SDKs for document and plain text translation in our Cloud. It supports translation of .doc, .docx, .docm, .xls, .xlsx, .xlsm, .ppt, .pptx, .pptm, .pdf, .html, .md, .odt, .ods, .odp, .csv, .tsv, .rtf, .txt, .resx files. Just pass a specific file or text to the GroupDocs.Translation Cloud API, and it will translate and save translated file in our Cloud or will return translated text.
It is easy to get started with GroupDocs.Translation Cloud and there is nothing to install. Create an account at GroupDocs Cloud and get your application information, then you are ready to use SDKs.
Cloud Document Translation Features
- Translation of Microsoft Word®, Microsoft Excel®, and Microsoft PowerPoint® documents
- 32 languages and 68 languages pairs support
- Translation of tables, headers, footers, footnotes/endnotes, image captions in Word documents and ODT files
- Translation of cells, charts, tables, pivot tables in Excel documents and ODS files
- Translation of text frames, tables, headers, footers, charts, comments in PowerPoint presentations and ODP files
- Translation of PDF files
- Translation of Markdown files
- Translation of plain text
- API that allows you to manage your files and folders in our Cloud
Supported Translation Formats
You can specify format of document to translate putting in the request’s body:
- extension of word file (docx / docm / doc / rtf) — to translate Microsoft Word® document
- extension of excel file (xlsx / xlsm / xls / csv / tsv) — to translate Microsoft Excel® workbook
- extension of powerpoint file (ppt / pptx / pptm) — to translate Microsoft PowerPoint® presentation
- extension of PDF file (pdf) — to translate Adobe PDF document
- extension of Markdown file (md) — to translate Markdown file
- extension of HTML file (html) — to translate HTML file
- extension of OpenDocument file (odt / ods / odp) — to translate files created in OpenOffice or similar suits
- extension of Resources file (resx) — to translate resource file for .NET application
Additionally, user could obtain translated file in any other format available for conversion. Just specify output format of translated document by putting file extension in the request’s body:
- doc, docx, odt, rtf — docx, rtf, html, odt, txt, md, pdf, tiff, svg, xps
- xls, xlsx, ods, csv, tsv — xlsx, xlsb, html, pdf, xps, ods, md, docx, pptx, tiff
- ppt, pptx, odp — pptx, pdf, tiff, html, xps, odp
- pdf — docx, pptx, html, svg, xps
- md — html, pdf, docx, tiff, xps
- html — md, pdf, docx, tiff, xps
Please visit Supported Formats for details.
Supported Translation Languages
- en-fr / fr-en — to translate from English to French or from French to English.
- en-de / de-en — to translate from English to German or from German to English.
- en-es / es-en — to translate from English to Spanish or from Spanish to English.
- en-it / it-en — to translate from English to Italian or from Italian to English.
- en-zh / zh-en — to translate from English to Chinese or from Chinese to English.
- en-ru / ru-en — to translate from English to Russian or from Russian to English
- en-ar / ar-en — to translate from English to Arabic or from Arabic to English
- en-pt / pt-en — to translate from English to Portuguese or from Portuguese to English
- en-pl / pl-en — to translate from English to Polish or from Polish to English
- en-uk / uk-en — to translate from English to Ukrainian or from Ukrainian to English
- en-vi / vi-en — to translate from English to Vietnamese or from Vietnamese to English
- en-id / id-en — to translate from English to Indonesian or from Indonesian to English
- en-hi / hi-en — to translate from English to Hindi or from Hindi to English
- en-el / el-en — to translate from English to Greek or from Greek to English
- en-nl / nl-en— to translate from English to Dutch or from Dutch to English
- en-hu / hu-en — to translate from English to Hunngarian or from Hungarian to English
- en-sv / sv-en — to translate from English to Swedish or from Swedish to English
- en-tr / tr-en — to translate from English to Turkish or from Turkish to English
- en-ja / ja-en — to translate from English to Japanese or from Japanese to English
- en-ko / ko-en — to translate from English to Korean or from Korean to English
- en-cs / cs-en — to translate from English to Czech or from Czech to English
- en-fi / fi-en — to translate from English to Finnish or from Finnish to English
- en-ga / ga-en — to translate from English to Irish or from Irish to English
- en-fa / fa-en — to translate from English to Farsi or from Farsi to English
- en-az / az-en — to translate from English to Azerbaijani or from Azerbaijani to English
- en-he / he-en — to translate from English to Hebrew or from Hebrew to English
- en-sk / sk-en — to translate from English to Slovak or from Slovak to English
- en-th / th-en — to translate from English to Thai or from Thai to English
- en-ro / ro-en — to translate from English to Romanian or from Romanian to English
- en-ms / ms-en — to translate from English to Malay or from Malay to English
- en-bg / bg-en — to translate from English to Bulgarian or from Bulgarian to English
- en-be / be-en — to translate from English to Bengali or from Bengali to English
- en-da / da-en — to translate from English to Danish or from Danish to English
- en-no / no-en — to translate from English to Norwegian or from Norwegian to English
- fr-de / de-fr — to translate from French to German or from German to French
- fr-it / it-fr — to translate from French to Italian or from Italian to French
- fr-ar / ar-fr — to translate from French to Arabic or from Arabic to French
JSON Request Details
You can put the following information in the requests body to translate a document:
- format — format of file for translation (e.g. docx)
- outformat — format of translated file (e.g. pdf)
- pair — language translation pair (e.g. en-fr)
- name — name of file to translate (e.g. test.docx)
- folder — folder of file to translate (e.g. translate)
- savepath — folder for translated file (e.g. translated)
- savefile — name of translated file (e.g. translation.docx)
- storage — name of storage
- masters — if masters slides should be translated (only for presentations, pass true or false)
- elements — slide pages to translate (only for presentations, pass empty list to translate whole presentation)
- separator — delimiter for CSV files
- codeList — elements of short code syntax in Hugo to translate
- frontLists — elements of yaml front matter syntax in Hugo to translate
To translate plain text the following information should be put in the requests body:
- pair — language translation pair (e.g. en-fr)
- text — text to translate (e.g. hello world)
How to use the SDK?
Our API is completely independent of your operating system, database system, or development language. You can use any language and platform that supports HTTP to interact with our API. However, manually writing client code can be difficult, error-prone, and time-consuming. Therefore, we have provided and support SDKs in many development languages to make it easier for your Cloud Apps to integrate with us.
1. Get API keys if you haven't
Make a personal account on GroupDocs Cloud Dashboard and click Get Keys. These keys are useful for all GroupDocs Cloud products. If you have any trouble, look at this detailed manual. Once your keys are received, please follow this article to try GroupDocs.Translation Cloud or familiarize with Developer guide for further details.
2. Run Demo
- Checkout the SDK
- Set Your ClientId & ClientSecret
- Run Java console Demo
- We recommend using JDK 13 to work with SDK
Add this dependency to your project's POM:
<dependency> <groupId>com.GroupDocs</groupId> <artifactId>GroupDocs-translation-cloud</artifactId> <version>22.8</version> <scope>compile</scope> </dependency> <repositories> <repository> <id>GroupDocsJavaAPI</id> <name>GroupDocs Java API</name> <url>https://repository.groupdocs.cloud/repo/</url> </repository> </repositories>
Get Supported File Formats for Translation
// Get Client Id and Client Secret from https://dashboard.groupdocs.cloud String MyClientId = ""; String MyClientSecret = ""; // Create instance of the API Configuration configuration = new Configuration(MyClientId, MyClientSecret); TranslationApi api = new TranslationApi(configuration); pair = "en-fr"; text = "Text to translate"; TextInfo textInfo = new TextInfo(pair, text); TranslationTextRequest translationTextRequest = new TranslationTextRequest(TextInfo.toString()); TranslationTextResponse translateTextResponse = TranslationApi.TranslateText(translationTextRequest);
GroupDocs.Translation Cloud SDKs in Popular Languages