Growing Devs is a shared space for a group of developers who wish to write about their work without the isolation that comes with a solo blog, or the constraints of writing only for the company you work for. Here you'll find content about the technology, techniques, and process the authors are using.
- Our topics can be polyglot, without language restriction
- The format helps motivate the people involved to write
- Becomes a resource in its own right
- Shared readership
- Combined pagerank
- Shared promotion within the group
Please be sure to read our Code of Conduct before contributing.
- Clone the repo
- Start a new post, using
thor post:create new-post-title.
- Run with
- Create a PR with your new post (any post is also welcome in email to email@example.com or tweet to @growingdevs)
- After a little bit of editorial review, we will merge and push
Adding a New Author
You don't have to add this yourself, we can add it when your article is published.
- Run thor author:create "Author Name" author-name to build an author page for Author Name in /authors/author-name.html
- Add the author to _config.yml with id: author-name, and name: Author Name