Want example? check this out
Want real life example? check this out
Table of Contents
- Disqus comment system
- Google analytics
- Pagination support
- Custom tags and categories
- SEO support
- Contact form integration
- MathJax support
Method 1: new master's repository (The Best)
- First fork it.
- Change your forked repository name aliquam to userName.github.io where userName is your github user name.
- Access your new blog via https://username.github.io.
- See configuration.
Method 2: gh-pages in existing repository
- Create a new branch called gh-pages in the repository where you want to add a template managing branches.
- From command line run
git clone https://github.com/grrinchas/aliquam- this will clone aliquam template to your computer.
- Create new branch
git checkout -b gh-pageswhere gh-pages will be your branch name.
- Add remote, which is your repo from the first step, to your new branch
git remote add gh-pages https://github.com/<yourName>/<yourMaster>/gh-pages. yourName is your account name and yourMaster is your repository.
- Push new branch to remote
git push gh-pages.
_config.ymlfile by changing
baseurl: "<branchName>"branchName is your branch name where gh-pages resides. See configuration.
Method 3: run it locally
- Download zip or clone it
git clone https://github.com/grrinchas/aliquam.
- Go inside folder and run
bundle exec jekyll s. This will build a website which you can access https://localhost:4000. You need to have Jekyll installed to do this.
All configuration is done via
_config.yml file which you will find in your main repo folder.
url: "https://<yourName>.github.io"- Change this to your domain (need for Disqus integration). !NOTE if running locally change this to
disqus: "<disqusName>"- Your disqus name. First you have to create account with Disqus.
owner: "<name surname>"- Change this to your own name, need for copyright in the footer.
subtitle: "<subtitle>"Change to your preferred title/subtitle.
baseurl: "/<branchName>"- Change this to your branch name where gh-pages resides. !NOTE apply only if you used Method 2 for installation.
google_analytics: <your_ID>- Change this to your google analytics ID.
contact_PK: <yourPublicKey>- Change this to your http://getsimpleform.com public key.
math: true- set
falseto disable maths support. For more information check MathJax.
To get your public key:
- Got to http://getsimpleform.com.
- Enter your email and press
Send me a token.
- Go to your email and copy your token
Your form api token is <token>. !NOTE do not copy your private key.
- Paste this key to
- Every time when someone sends you a message you will receive a notification to your email.
This project is licensed under the MIT License - see The MIT License (MIT) for more details.