How to add a new post
- Clone the
- Create a new file in the drafts directory
using the following naming convention:
- Add the YAML block to the top of the file. You can use the following sample file as a starting point.
- Add the content of your new post below the YAML block. Feel free to use HTML, Markdown or Liquid Extension.
- Add, commit and push your new post back to the repository.
- After roughly 3 minutes, visit
https://search.digitalgov.gov/drafts/post-filename-title.htmlto preview your post. If you added a permalink config in your post, visit
- When you're ready to publish your post, move the file from from drafts to the _posts directory.
How to set up your development environment
Open a Terminal window. Start homebrew.
$ brew update $ brew doctor
We use bundler to manage gems.
cd into the local repo. Install bundler and other required gems.
$ gem install bundler $ bundle install
Start a server and try it out.
$ bundle exec compass watch (ctrl+c to stop) $ bundle exec jekyll serve
Go to http://localhost:4000.