OpenRefine is a power tool that allows you to load data, understand it, clean it up, reconcile it, and augment it with data coming from the web. All with the comfort and privacy of your own computer.
Documentation and Videos
Contributing to the project
Licensing and legal issues
OpenRefine is open source software and is licensed under the BSD license located in the LICENSE.txt. See that file also for information on open source libraries that OpenRefine depends on.
This software was created by Metaweb Technologies, Inc. and originally written and conceived by David Huynh email@example.com. Metaweb Technologies, Inc. was acquired by Google, Inc. in July 2010 and the product was renamed Google Refine. In October 2012, it was renamed OpenRefine as it transitioned to a community-supported product.
This is the full list of contributors (in chronological order):
- David Huynh firstname.lastname@example.org
- Stefano Mazzocchi email@example.com
- Vishal Talwar firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jeff Fry email@example.com
- Will Moffat firstname.lastname@example.org
- James Home email@example.com
- Iain Sproat firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tom Morris email@example.com
- Heather Campbell firstname.lastname@example.org
- Thad Guidry email@example.com
- Paul Makepeace firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tomaž Šolc email@example.com
- Gabriel Sjoberg GabrielSjoberg@gmail.com
- Rod Salazar firstname.lastname@example.org
- pxb email@example.com