A web-based IDE for Clafer.
ClaferIDE is part of Clafer Tools. Read more in the paper Clafer Tools for Product Line Engineering.
- Master branch (stable and released): ClaferIDE
- Develop branch (with latest features, but may be unstable): ClaferIDE (development)
If the demo is down or you encounter a bug, please email Michał Antkiewicz.
- Provides a web-based IDE for modeling in Clafer.
- Provides an source code editor (ACE).
- Compiles the model to HTML for syntax highlighting and navigation via hyperlinks or error highlighting.
- Instantiates the model using ClaferIG and allows for global scope setting and requesting a next instance.
- Provides a set of predefined examples that can be compiled and instantiated.
ClaferIDE is a web-based application.
Its server side (implemented with
Node.js) processes requests, runs the chosen back-end and passes back its output.
The client-side is implemented using
- Alexandr Murashkin. Original developer.
- Michał Antkiewicz. Research Engineer. Requirements, development, architecture, testing, technology transfer.
- Eldar Khalilov. Developer. Upgrade to 0.4.2 (replace XML with JSON, test suites).
Installation and running
Dependencies for running
- Java Platform (JDK) v8+
- Clafer v0.4.4
- can be from the binary distribution
- Node.js Framework, v4.2.3 LTS
- Redis Server, v2:2.*
- On Ubuntu, execute
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:chris-lea/redis-server && apt-get install redis-server
- On Ubuntu, execute
- Backends' dependencies must be satisfied. See the backend installation steps below.
- Download (
git clone) ClaferIDE to some directory
- Go to
<target directory>/ClaferIDEand execute
git submodule init git submodule update
This will install the platform.
When working with a branch other then
master, you need to additionally checkout that branch (e.g.,
git submodule foreach git checkout develop
- Go to
<target directory>/ClaferIDE/Serverand execute
This will download all the required
- Install the necessary backends into some location
PATH. The default configuration in
The fastest way is to unzip a binary distribution into the folder
See Installing Backends for detailed steps.
Make sure the port
8094is free, or change the value of the key
"port" = "8094"to any free one.
PATHenvironment variables, so they can be executed without any path prefixes.
Running the following commands should produce the following results or later version:
java version 1.8.0_102
uploadsfolder is accessible for writing, since temporary files will be stored there.
If you use Shell scipts (
.sh) for running, make sure the scripts have
- To run the server in a standard mode, execute
cd <target directory>/ClaferIDE/Server/ node ClaferIDE.js
- If you use
Node Supervisorunder Linux, you can execute
cd <target directory>/ClaferIDE/Server/commons chmod +x start.sh ./start.sh
Then you can go to any browser and type
http://localhost:[port]/ and open any Clafer file with objectives in it.
Trying an Example
Simple model of a Personexample in the dropdown box in the upper-left corner of the tool window.
Compilebutton right in the front of the drop down list.
- Once you see the compilation is complete, go to
Instance Generatorview and press
Runthere (the default backend is
Alloy-based IG (IG only)).
Outputview should print the first generated instance.
Important: Branches must correspond
All related projects are following the simultaneous release model.
master contains releases, whereas the branch
develop contains code under development.
When building the tools, the branches should match.
Releases from branches
master are guaranteed to work well together.
Development versions from branches
develop should work well together but this might not always be the case.