What is it
How to contribute
retwis-go is a direct port without almost no improvements done on the go. I have done it as a way to practice Golang and redis. If you have the same goals and search projects to practice, just fork it and open pull requests. There is lot of things that can be done:
- protect users passwords. They are not encrypted in the database
- Many errors messages should not be shown to the retwis user
- User profile is very poor. For instance there is no way to know who follows who
- There is no reply feature, no retweet feature, no favorite feature, etc...
GOPATH env, like described in the Golang documentation
go get github.com/gsempe/retwis-go
go build ./retwis-go
Note: A redis database must run on the same machine
How it's done
To get it done faster and safer the port uses :
- redigo Go client for Redis
- negroni Idiomatic HTTP Middleware for Golang
- httprouter A high performance HTTP request router that scales well
- render Go package for easily rendering JSON, XML, and HTML template responses.
- securecookie Gorilla package that encodes and decodes authenticated and optionally encrypted cookie values.