SwitchFile is a simple gem for opening a file related to a currently open file.
gem install switch_file
.switch_fileto your project root directory. A
.switch_fileis a plain ruby file containing an array of hashes. Each hash represents a file type. A file type has the following attributes:
- name - name of the file type
- shortcut - a short, unique key for the file type
- path_generator - a ruby block that will determine the path of the matching file type of a class name
- path_regex - a regex that determines if a file path matches the file type
- command - the editor that will open the file
You can find sample SwitchFile configuration files at the examples.
Configure your editor to launch switch_file based on the current file. With geany,
- Go to Build/Set Build Commands.
- Change the execute command to
switch_file --path %d/%f.
- Running Build/Execute will now launch switch_file based on the currently open file.