Aphasia Treatment Program Activity Generator
There are three components in this package right now:
Microsoft Word template, which is the basis of the activity packet
Python scripts that generate:
- Word scramble puzzle
- Word search puzzle
- Arithmetic problems
OS X 10.7 apps which can be used in place of the raw Python scripts
The workflow is to use the apps or the Python scripts to generate the raw output which can then be pasted directly (for the most part) into the Word document based on the template.
Creating the packet
Here are the general steps to create a complete packet:
- Double click
Aphasia Treatment Program.dotto create a new document in Word based on the template.
- Customize the packet according to your needs. Note that styles are used strictly throughout the document. For best results, you should change your formatting through the use of styles.
- Use the Python scripts or the OS X apps to generate the word scramble, word search, and math practice activities.
A list of words separated by any non-alphanumeric character. Some valid inputs are:
template, generator, wordor
template generator wordNote that words such as "New Year" and "low-budget" will be split up into separate words: new, year, low, budget.
- The generated output consists of three parts: word bank, scrambled words, and answer key.
These steps have only been tested on two platforms:
- OS X 10.7 using Microsoft Office 2011
- Microsoft XP using Microsoft Office 2003