Google Drive Android API Migration
This application serves as an example of how to replicate the now-deprecated Drive Android API's functionality using equivalent Drive REST API calls. See the migration guide for an overview of the migration steps.
What does it do?
- Creates text files in the user's My Drive folder
- Edits file contents and metadata and saves them to Drive
- Displays a file picker for opening Drive files in read-only mode
- Queries the REST API for all files visible to the app
- Install the Android SDK.
- Download and configure the Google Play services SDK.
- Create a Google API Console project and enable the Drive API library.
- Register an OAuth 2.0 client for the package
com.google.android.gms.drive.sample.driveapimigrationwith your own debug keys.
- Add the
../auth/drive.filescope to the OAuth consent screen in the API Console.
See full instructions in the Getting Started guide.