EVE Market Data Relay (EMDR)
With the introduction of native-to-EVE market APIs, the EMDR project has ran its course. As of May 1, 2017, we have shuttered the network. This repo will remain in an archived state. Thanks to all who helped make EMDR a success!
EVE Market Data Relay (EMDR) is a super scalable, highly available firehose of real-time market data. For those that wish to record price and history data as it comes in, EMDR will help you do so as efficiently and reliably as possible. EMDR's data feed is open to the public, and is developed as an open source project.
EMDR may appeal to you if:
- You need real-time access to market data, as soon as possible. Perhaps for sending out price/inventory level alerts, notification of lucrative trade routes, or real-time charts and graphs.
- You want to record prices over time.
- You want the absolutely most complete set of data that you can get.
- The effort and overhead of getting large amounts of direct player uploads to your site is too much to bear.
EMDR's primary goals are:
- Ensuring that all market sites have access to player-uploaded market data.
- Extremely high reliability.
- Minimize expense to those running EMDR (shared burden).
- Minimize expense to those consuming the feed (bandwidth).
For a more complete run-down, see :doc:`overview`.
License: EVE Market Data Relay is licensed under the `BSD License`_.
- `Mailing list`_ - If you are consuming the feed, make sure to subscribe to this for important announcements. This is also one of the best places to ask questions or discuss EMDR stuff.
- Slack Channel - join #emdr on tweetfleet.slack.com, an excellent place for getting quick help, or hanging out with other developers and consumers. Get your account here if you don't have one!
- `Issue tracker`_ - Report bugs here.
- `GitHub project`_ - Source code and issue tracking.
- `EMDR monitor`_ - EMDR relay/announcer monitor web app.
- `EMDR map`_ - See the solar systems light up as market data arrives.
- `@gctaylor Twitter`_ - Tweets from the maintainer.
The following topics are higher-level overviews, and general documentation. If you are just curious, or wondering how to upload data to EMDR, this section is all you need.
.. toctree:: :maxdepth: 2 overview sites uploading
The following topics are useful to those wishing to connect to and use EMDR's data feed.
.. toctree:: :maxdepth: 3 data_sources access using design_considerations
EMDR Developer Documentation
The following topics will be useful to you if you would like to help improve EMDR, or volunteer additional computing resources to the network.
.. toctree:: :maxdepth: 2 installation volunteering