python-colormath is a simple Python module that spares the user from directly dealing with color math. Some features include:
- Support for a wide range of color spaces. A good chunk of the CIE spaces, RGB, HSL/HSV, CMY/CMYK, and many more.
- :doc:`Conversions <conversions>` between the various color spaces. For example, XYZ to sRGB, Spectral to XYZ, CIE Lab to Adobe RGB.
- Calculation of :doc:`color difference <delta_e>`. All CIE Delta E functions, plus CMC.
- Chromatic adaptations (changing illuminants).
- RGB to hex and vice-versa.
- 16-bit RGB support.
- Runs on Python 2.7 and Python 3.3+.
License: python-colormath is licensed under the `BSD License`_.
- `Issue tracker`_ - Report bugs, ask questions, and share ideas here.
- `GitHub project`_ - Source code and issue tracking.
- `@gctaylor Twitter`_ - Tweets from the maintainer.
- Greg Taylor's blog - Occasional posts about color math and software development.
.. toctree:: :maxdepth: 2 installation color_objects illuminants conversions delta_e density color_appearance_models
.. toctree:: :maxdepth: 1 release_notes