Contribute to Guard
File an issue
Please check guard's GitHub issue tracker for known issues. Additionally you should check listen's issue tracker for issues which affect guard's behaviour; for example, there is currently a nasty bug preventing listen from watching files inside symlinked directories.
You can report bugs and feature requests to GitHub Issues.
Please don't ask question in the issue tracker, instead ask them at one of our other places:
- Use the guard tag at StackOverflow.
- Google+ community
- Google group
- IRC channel
#guard(irc.freenode.net) for chatting
Try to figure out where the issue belongs to: is it an issue with Guard itself or with a Guard plugin you're using (e.g. guard-rspec, guard-cucumber, etc.)?
When you file a bug, please try to follow these simple rules if applicable:
- Make sure you've read the README carefully.
- Make sure you run Guard with
- Add debug information to the issue by running Guard with the
- Add your
Gemfileto the issue.
- Provide information about your environment:
- Your current versions of your OS, Ruby, Rubygems and Bundler.
- Shared project folder with services like Dropbox, NFS, etc.
- Make sure that the issue is reproducible with your description.
- If Guard is not responding to file changes and/or is not firing rules correctly:
- see listen for more info on troubleshooting.
- run guard with the
LISTEN_GEM_DEBUGGINGenvironment variable set to 1 (info) or 2 (debug) which shows what's happening under the hood and how fast)
- If you are using plugins, check out their respective README files (disabling spring, adding bundle to plugin's command, special debug options, etc.)
It's most likely that your bug gets resolved faster if you provide as much information as possible!
Pull requests are very welcome! Please try to follow these simple rules if applicable:
- Please create a topic branch for every separate change you make.
- TIP: run
rubocoplocally before pushing (so your PR won't trigger HoundCI comments)
- Make sure your patches are well tested. All specs must pass when run on Travis CI.
- Update the Yard documentation.
- Update the README.
- Please do not change the version number.
For questions please join us in our Google group or on