Facebook Web Clients
A set of front end components for performing social actions.
To build and run the tests, enter the following from the project base dir:
Note that you will need to be on a domain expected by the appropriate guardian facebook app for the auth to be successful.
For instance, for "theguardian" facebook app:
Add the following to your /etc/hosts:
Installation & Usage Instructions for Editors
Create a new Microapp
- Name: facebook-components
- Provider: Guardian
- Root URI: http://facebook-web-clients.appspot.com/
- Documentation URI: https://raw.github.com/guardian/facebook-web-clients/master/README.md
- Code Location: https://github.com/guardian/facebook-web-clients
- Owner: Core
- XML: https://raw.github.com/guardian/facebook-web-clients/master/src/scripts/components/vote/microapp/microapp.xml
- Ignore root cms path, section etc.
You can now add a Facebook vote to any article.
Add Slot Rule for Football Rumours
This will add a think likely / unlikely vote to all Football rumours pages.
- Go to Tools > Edit Slot Rules
- Section: Football
- Slot: above-standfirst
- Component: facebook-components: Think (Headline) is Likely / Unlikely on Facebook
- Rule type: Has Tag: Rumour Mill (series)
There are three types of vote to choose from:
Think (Headline) is Likely / Unlikely on Facebook
If the headline is making a prediction that the user can decide is likely or unlikely to happen.
Agree / Disagree (with Headline) on Facebook
If there is a controversial headline (which poses a yes / no question). For instance the user can agree or disagree with a headline such as "Should there be an EU Referendum?"
Agree / Disagree (with Author's Opinion) on Facebook
If the opinion of the author is controversial (as opposed to the topic). The user can elect to agree or disagree with the author's opinion. This should be placed at the bottom of the article so the user can read the full article before making up their mind.