Wordpress Comment Reply Email Notification
This plugin notifies a comment author via email when someone replies to his comment.
- PHP 5.6+
- Wordpress 4.4+
How to install the plugin:
- Upload the ZIP file to your Wordpress installation directory
- Extract the ZIP file contents to the /wp-content/plugins directory.
- Activate the plugin.
- For better results, setup a plugin to send emails using SMTP.
This plugin uses the
wp_insert_comment hook, therefore, everytime a comment is created, a notification is likely to be sent. If you are importing comments into your blog, it's a good idea to disable this plugin.
Customizing the email template
To customize the email template, copy the
templates folder to your theme folder. The plugin will look for templates on the
/wp-content/themes/[THEME]/templates/cren/ folder; if a custom template is not found, then it will fallback to the default template.
Changing the subscription checkbox label
The checkbox label can be changed with the
cren_comment_checkbox_label filter. This way you can update the text to your taste and keep the plugin updated.
Changing the GDPR checkbox label
The GDPR checkbox label can be changed with the
cren_gdpr_checkbox_label filter. This way you can update the text to your taste and keep the plugin updated.
Buy me a coffee/beer
Do you like this plugin? Support it by buying me some human-fuel - coffee on weekdays, and beer on weekends. ;)
- 1.8.0: added Korean translation; fixed cren_gdpr_checkbox_label filter bug
- 1.7.1: fixed blog title encoding
- 1.7.0: fixed bug where subscription checkbox was always checked; added CN translation
- 1.6.1: fixed default settings not being set
- 1.6.0: added Turkish translation (thanks Bünyamin Yildirim!); added filters to the checkbox label; added GDPR box; added admin settings page; decode HTML entities on email title
- 1.5.0: added Italian translation (thanks Giacomo Bellisi!); added Hebrew translation (thanks Lea Cohen!)
- 1.4.4: fixed undefined variable; updated French translation
- 1.4.3: updated Spanish translation, added German translation (thanks to Nathanael Dalliard!)
- 1.4.2: added French translation
- 1.4.1: fixed unsubscribe page template
- 1.4.0: added the ability to use a custom email template; added plugin rendering options; fixed unsubscribe link
- 1.3.3: updated translations and translation domain
- 1.3.2: fixed email content type filter interfering with other emails; removed asterisk from comment form subscription checkbox
- 1.3.1: fixed missing variable on checkbox template; fixed notification being sent to the comment author when he replies his own comment
- 1.3.0: fixed opt-in checkbox for logged in users; added Russian and Ukrainian translations (thanks to Oleh Astappiev!) added unsubscribe link to email
- 1.2.0: added opt-in checkbox to comment form.
- 1.1.1: fixed typo in hook
- 1.1.0: added ES and PT-BR translations, added build script
- 1.0.0: First release