Sandboxeddecodebin provides a way to run the demuxing and decoding part of a GStreamer pipeline in a separate sandboxed process.
More information about it can be found in a blog post:
- GNU/Linux Operating system
- setuid-sandbox http://code.google.com/p/setuid-sandbox/
- GStreamer 0.10 with the plugins from at least base and bad as well as the demuxers and decoders needed by decodebin2 for the videos you want to decode
- To avoid some bugs, you might need to apply the patches in the following bugs:
- install the prerequisites, make sure sandboxme is setuid root
- ./autogen.sh SANDBOXME_PATH=/path/to/sandboxme
- make install
Usual ./configure options can also apply to ./autogen.sh, you can run autogen and then "configure --help" to see these options.
gst-launch-0.10 filesrc location=/path/to/video_file ! sandboxeddecodebin name=decoder ! autovideosink decoder. ! autoaudiosink