Airfoil parametric bulb with Openscad. Perfect for 3d printed (lead casting) rc sailboat bulb.
This project manages:
- symmetric / asymmetric airfoil profile.
- complex/custom section - included circle, ellipse, flatten ellipse, round square, trapeze.
- beaver tail.
- split rendering
- Download Github ZIP archive
- Install OpenSCAD
- Decompress the archive
- Run openSCAD on bulb.scad
- Edit bulb.scad and tweak the header to fit your needs (documentation in the code)
Add new airfoil:
- You have complete "ready to use" scad files on my github Airfoil database
- Choose one and move it to the directory "airfoil"
- Open the scad file to copy the header (copy/paste part) - 4 lines.
- Open the bulb.scad to paste the header, replace the previous airfoil with yours.
To reach the right weight:
- generate the STL file
- get the associated volume in cm3 (DuckDuckGo: "stl volume calculator")
- compute your material volume to weight (i.e. lead weight grams per cubic cm: 11.342)
- fine tune the scale factor or the form