This web application is an interface to make queries on a MongoDB dataset.
The dataset contains the 5000 top sell movies on Amazon.
- open your MongoDB server (mongod)
- open a MongoDB Client and run:
> use MOVIES > db.createCollection("films")
- copy the repository on your computer
- with the Node.js command prompt, go to the folder and run:
> npm install
- to launch the application, run:
> npm start
- open your web browser (application tested on Chrome and Firefox)
- go to localhost:3000
Import the movies dataset
- download the file movies.json
- on the application, go to the Configuration page
- log with:
- username: prof
- password: prof
- import the file movies.json (mongod must be open on your computer)
You can explore the movies dataset with the following queries:
- title: select all the movies that contains your word(s) in the title
- plot: select all the movies that contains your word(s) in the plot
- year: select all the movies from this year
- rank: select all the movies with a rank between your range
- rating: select all the movies with a rating between your range
The admin must log on the configuration page.
Then, he/she can import the movies dataset.
- Query on title
- Query on year
- Query on rating
- Upload page