Request for contributions
Please contribute to this repository if any of the following is true:
- You have expertise in community development, communication, or education
- You want open source communities to be more collaborative and inclusive
- You want to help lower the burden to first time contributors
How to contribute
- familiarity with GitHub PRs (pull requests) and issues
- knowledge of Markdown for editing
In particular, this community seeks the following types of contributions:
- ideas: participate in an Issues thread or start your own to have your voice heard
- resources: submit a PR to add to docs README.md with links to related content
- outline sections: help us ensure that this repository is comprehensive. If there is a topic that is overlooked, please add it, even if it is just a stub in the form of a header and single sentence. Initially, most things fall into this category
- write: contribute your expertise in an area by helping us expand the included content
- copy editing: fix typos, clarify language, and generally improve the quality of the content
- formatting: help keep content easy to read with consistent formatting
- code: Fix issues or contribute new features to this or any related projects
We are committed to providing a friendly, safe and welcoming environment for all, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, disability, ethnicity, religion, or similar personal characteristic.
On IRC, please avoid using overtly sexual nicknames or other nicknames that might detract from a friendly, safe and welcoming environment for all.
Please be kind and courteous. There's no need to be mean or rude. Respect that people have differences of opinion and that every design or implementation choice carries a trade-off and numerous costs. There is seldom a right answer, merely an optimal answer given a set of values and circumstances.
Please keep unstructured critique to a minimum. If you have solid ideas you want to experiment with, make a fork and see how it works.
We will exclude you from interaction if you insult, demean or harass anyone. That is not welcome behavior. We interpret the term "harassment" as including the definition in the Citizen Code of Conduct; if you have any lack of clarity about what might be included in that concept, please read their definition. In particular, we don't tolerate behavior that excludes people in socially marginalized groups.
Private harassment is also unacceptable. No matter who you are, if you feel you have been or are being harassed or made uncomfortable by a community member, please contact one of the channel ops or any of the gulpjs core team immediately. Whether you're a regular contributor or a newcomer, we care about making this community a safe place for you and we've got your back.
Likewise any spamming, trolling, flaming, baiting or other attention-stealing behavior is not welcome.
There is an IRC channel on irc.freenode.net, channel
welcome to drop in and ask questions, discuss bugs and such. The channel is
not currently logged.
GitHub issues are the primary way for communicating about specific proposed changes to this project.
In both contexts, please follow the conduct guidelines above. Language issues are often contentious and we'd like to keep discussion brief, civil and focused on what we're actually doing, not wandering off into too much imaginary stuff.