Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Welcome to the AdvaniaGIT wiki!
AdvaniaGIT has PowerShell modules, functions and scripts for Source Code Management for Microsoft Dynamics NAV. It also includes Remote Management modules to remotly manage your NAV installation in Azure.
AdvaniaGIT module is based on GIT tool that is capable of executing custom actions. I am using SourceTree.
Installing AdvaniaGIT will create a folder structure on your local drive. You can select any of the local drive installed. We suggest that the AdvaniaGIT\Workspace folder should be excluded from Windows Defender and that also goes for any GIT folder used.
Refer to the README.md file inside every subfolder for more details about each subfolder usage.
Inside the Data subfolder we store the module settings in JSON files.
- BranchSettings.json is automatically managed by the module and used to link GIT branches to local NAV environments.
- BuildSettings.json contains incremented values that will be used when building new environments.
- GITSettings.json contains machine settings for the module.
- NAVVersions.json contains information about locally installed NAV.
- RemoteSettings.json contains settings for the Remote Management module. Not used by GIT in any way.
- TenantSettings.json contains settings for each tenant running on a remote server that is managed using the Remote Management module. Not used by GIT in any way.
In the GIT repository folder we require a setup.json file. When the scripts are executed settings from the GIT branch (setup.json) and settings from the machine (GITSettings.json) are merged to a single settings object. If same settings exist in both files the one in the GIT branch will be used.
Installing the module will add custom actions to SourceTree and a command file (StartPowerShell.cmd) to your Windows directory. SourceTree will execute this command file with parameters telling the module what to do. The command file will execute Scripts\Start-CustomAction.ps1 with the same parameters. All custom actions within the Scripts\CustomActions subfolder can be executed.
For teams we suggest using an FTP server for backups and CRONUS text files.
Contact http://navision.guru for assistance.