A Raspberry Pi distribution to to run CraftBeerPi : The Raspberry PI base Home Brewing Software out of the box and the scripts necessary to load it at boot. This repository contains the source script to generate the distribution out of an existing Raspbian distro image. You can download a built image here
Where to get it?
Official mirror is here
How to use it?
- Unzip the image and install it to an SD card like any other Raspberry Pi image
- Configure your WiFi by editing
craftbeerpios-wpa-supplicant.txton the root of the flashed card when using it like a flash drive
- Boot the Pi from the SD card
- Go to http://craftbeerpi.local:5000.
- If needed Log into your Pi via SSH (it is located at
craftbeerpi.localif your computer supports bonjour or the IP address assigned by your router), default username is "pi", default password is "raspberry", change the password using the
passwdcommand and expand the filesystem of the SD card through the corresponding option when running
- Raspberrypi 2 and newser or device running Armbian, Older Rasperry Pis are not currently supported. See Raspberry Pi and Raspberry Pi.
- 2A power supply
- CraftBeerPi v2.2 out of the box
- Downloaded Raspbian image.
- root privileges for chroot
- sudo (the script itself calls it, running as root without sudo won't work)
Build CraftBeerPi From within Raspbian / Debian / Ubuntu
CraftBeerPi can be built from Debian, Ubuntu, Raspbian. Build requires about 2.5 GB of free space available. You can build it by issuing the following commands:
sudo apt-get install realpath p7zip-full qemu-user-static git clone https://github.com/guysoft/CustomPiOS.git git clone https://github.com/guysoft/CraftBeerPi.git cd CraftBeerPi/src/image wget -c --trust-server-names 'https://downloads.raspberrypi.org/raspbian_lite_latest' cd .. ../../CustomPiOS/src/update-custompios-paths sudo modprobe loop sudo bash -x ./build_dist
Building CustomPiOS Variants
CustomPiOS supports building variants, which are builds with changes from the main release build. An example and other variants are available in the folder
To build a variant use:
sudo bash -x ./build_dist [Variant]
Building Using Vagrant
There is a vagrant machine configuration to let build CraftBeerPi in case your build environment behaves differently. Unless you do extra configuration, vagrant must run as root to have nfs folder sync working.
To use it:
sudo apt-get install vagrant nfs-kernel-server sudo vagrant plugin install vagrant-nfs_guest sudo modprobe nfs cd CustomPiOS/src/vagrant sudo vagrant up
After provisioning the machine, its also possible to run a nightly build which updates from devel using:
cd CustomPiOS/src/vagrant run_vagrant_build.sh
To build a variant on the machine simply run:
cd CraftBeerPi/src/vagrant run_vagrant_build.sh [Variant]
- If needed, override existing config settings by creating a new file
src/config.local. You can override all settings found in
src/config. If you need to override the path to the Raspbian image to use for building OctoPi, override the path to be used in
ZIP_IMG. By default, the most recent file matching
src/imagewill be used.
- The final image will be created in
Code contribution would be appreciated!