Customized GVSU Illiad
These are the customized HTML files for our installation of Illiad. We've done extensive work in branding the application and customizing a lot of the crummy user interaction that Atlas Systems and OCLC are never going to get around to. Hope this helps you as you work on improving your own Illiad website!
We don't use all of Illiad's options. We only allow three types of requests: digital copies, loans, and theses. This is a lot easier for our users than trying to decide between a dozen different request types.
- See renewal status right from the homepage - if it is within an item's renewal window and renewals are allowed, you can renew with one click right from the "View items" table.
- Empty tables are hidden, and prompts are added to help novice users request items.
- Labels are made readable, forms are made accessible, and the whole experience is just better.
- Simplified manage account screen, since the largest source of errors were due to excessivly long forms required before you could use the dang website.
- There is no red text anywhere. None.
This tool is copyright 2012-15 Grand Valley State University Libraries.
This tool is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
This tool is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
See http://www.gnu.org/licenses for the full license.