Do a keyword search in Summon and Millennium's OPAC at the same time. Which is better? Only you can deicde!
- Search 2 different interfaces at the same time on the same screen to compare results
- Switch between Summon 1.0 or 2.0, or compare Summon 1 and 2 results
Load your page and type your search query in the box. The tool will search both your catalog and your discovery layer (limited to Books) for whatever you type.
To specify Summon 2.0, pass the
index.php file to your web server. Then, set it up to point to your catalog and discovery layer.
- Update your Summon 2.0 URL on line 35. You should just be able to change the part before the summon.serialsolutions...
- Update your Summon 1.0 URL on line 37. This only works if you haven't gone live with 2.0. You should just be able to change the part before the summon.serialsolutions...
- Update your catalog URL on line 42.
Load the page and do a query in the search box, and get ready to compare!
- Better configuration
- Optional setting for native Summon version, so if you are live with 2.0 you don't have to pass the 2 flag every time.
If you can write code, have a look at the issues and pick something to work on. If you don't code, no worries! You can report issues of dream features.
Issue tracker: github.com/gvsulib/OPAC_Vs_Summon/issues
Do whatever you like with this software, it's released as CC0: http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/
The person who associated a work with this deed has dedicated the work to the public domain by waiving all of his or her rights to the work worldwide under copyright law, including all related and neighboring rights, to the extent allowed by law. You can copy, modify, distribute and perform the work, even for commercial purposes, all without asking permission.