GW Open Data Workshop #2: Hands-on exercises
Material to support the GW Open Data Workshop #2, April 8-10, 2019
Suggestions for accessing the required software are available in the setup directory
Hands-on Session Program
intro - Introductory tutorials 1 and 2 provide an introduction to data access and resources on the Open Science Center web site.
gwpy - gwpy tutorials 1, 2, and 3
gwpy software pacakge. This includes a variety of
tools for discovering, reading, writing, and plotting gravitational wave
- Discover, download, and read data
- FFTs, PSDs, and whitening
- Working with segments lists and Timelines
- Plot spectrograms to identify glitches, signals, and hardware injections
pycbc - pycbc tutorials 1, 2, 3, and 4 provide an introduction
pycbc software package. This analysis package is designed to
analyze gravitational-wave data, identify CBC signals
and estimate their parameters.
skymaps - Skymap tutorials 1, 2, and 3 introduce how to read in and use sky localization probability maps to help identify the likely source locations of observed signals.
parameter_estimation - Parameter estimation tutorials introduce how Bayesian inference is used to fit model waveforms to the data.
intro - Introductory tutorial 3 provides an introduction to using matched filtering to identify CBC signals
- GW signals from compact object mergers
- Matched filtering to identify compact object mergers
- Working with compact object merger parameters and waveforms
- Working with skymaps to identify likely source locations
- Complete tutorials from days 1 and 2
- Parameter estimation
- Explore CBC workflows
- Collaborate on individual research projects
- Begin work on "more to explore" advanced excercises